Green Sustainable Manufacturing
The Pacific Northwest is one of the most naturally beautiful parts of our country and we want to keep it that way. Morasch Meats, now 5 generations in to their family owned business, has been at the forefront of environmentally friendly development within their community and the food processing industry since the business was founded in 1956. Morasch Meats was the first USDA meat manufacturing facility to produce raw frozen pet food under the same USDA guidelines set for human food. Northwest Naturals was proudly created under the name of Morasch Meats, and here, going green is not just a saying, it is the way we do business. Northwest Naturals is a company which respects the earth, nature and has a vision for the future. Customers can be assured their pets are very important to us and Northwest Naturals provides the highest quality, most convenient and best value raw frozen pet food products using green environmentally friendly process controls.
Northwest Naturals’ Recycling Program
- 85% recovery for corrugated, office supplies, metals and plastics
- We compact and recycle approximately 36.5 tons of materials (73,000 lbs./month or 876,000 lbs. recycled/year)
- 100% Recycled Lubricant Program waste lubricants and hydraulic/petroleum’s are burned in a custom heating system for our maintenance shop
- We have our own maintenance shop for recovery and R&D
- We offer employee incentives to reduce & reuse
Energy Efficiency Programs
- Lighting (LED), refrigeration, electrical
- Solar Array
Consumers nationwide are becoming increasingly environmentally conscious about the way they live; reflecting this in the steps they take in their everyday lives. This includes recycling at home, at work and with the vast reaches of the internet, researching manufacturers who follow similar eco friendly practices. As the world changes, Northwest Naturals believes it is our responsibility to customers, ourselves and generations to come, to maintain and protect the environment. We will continue to look for ways to reduce our carbon footprint on the environment and produce an eco friendly, green product.